Tuesday, March 6, 2012

W9- Open Post

The last couple weeks I have noticed an inordinate amount of Oreo packages on the shelves and in the back of the Kroger in Athens, where I spend about twenty to twenty-five hours a week putting groceries (mainly beer since the students are in town) to try and limit the amount of debt I accrue over my four-and-a-half years of schooling. 

After about three days of noticing the mountain of Oreos in the back of the store I finally had a conversation with a co-worker about it. (Yeah, well when you walk around Kroger for five hours doing nothing you have entertaining conversations like that.) Finally, I picked up one of the packages and started reading the unusual colorful Oreo package. 

To my surprise I found out that Oreo is turning 100 years-old today, March 6th. We had no idea Oreos were that old. In response to our new discovery my co-worker picked up a package and said I bet these will be good, thinking Oreo was releasing some new flavor or something. However, he was disappointed to find out they just added sprinkles to the cream on the inside.

So for this monumental day in packaged cookies I decided to dedicate my blog post to my favorite kind of Oreo. 

Sure the original is pretty awesome, the double stuffed is, well doubly awesome. But, the best kind of Oreo ever is the Peanut Butter Oreos. I love peanut butter and I love Oreos so of course it would be my favorite. However, there is another reason. I used to drink milk all the time and there is nothing better to eat with milk that Oreos. But about ten years ago I quit drinking milk. I don't really know why I just didn't like it anymore and I hate to say it but Oreos just weren't as exciting when I quit drinking milk. Thankfully though a few years later I was introduced to Peanut Butter Oreos and fell right back in love with them.

So last night after this conversation and after I clocked out I went to aisle twelve to get some my peanut butter and Oreo fix at the same time, only to find out the Athens Kroger doesn't carry the peanut butter variety of Oreos, one more reason to dislike Kroger.

No comments:

Post a Comment